Thursday, January 7, 2010

my pal, Jennie

Most of my hunts for interesting things are done with my pal, Jennie.  I've known her since 3rd grade.  I won't tell you how old we are now but if you're good at math, you can probably put 2 and 2 together.  We have teenage children, been married to our spouses for around twenty years, missed our 25th high school reunion and didn't care and have discussed the best wrinkle cream.  So it's safe to say we are over 21.  Jennie and I have very similar tastes in everything but just different enough to keep it interesting and keep us from fighting over the same item.  Back in the early 90's, I was looking for a sofa.  Jennie and I are not good at making decisions and we both had been looking for sofas for probably over a year.  We lived about 5 hours apart and so we didn't shop together at that time. Finally, I found the sofa for me and bonus!...a chair too.  I called her up to tell her about it.  I told her I finally bought a sofa and chair.  She said I just did too!  I told her I bought a red check sofa and denim chair.  Guess what she bought?  Of course not, we didn't buy the same thing.  She bought a denim sofa and red check chair.  See?  Just different enough to keep it interesting.  She loves a bargain too but doesn't mind spending a little more money if she needs to.  I, on the other hand, will just walk away if it's over my self-imposed limit.  Again, different enough to keep it interesting.  She does have one of those cute laundry baskets I mentioned in a previous post. 

So, why do I tell you about my pal, Jennie?  This blogging thing is new to me and I haven't convinced myself that I can do it well.  I need support.  I need help.  I need someone to do it with me.  So, I invited Jennie to share my blog.  She'll soon be posting too here with pictures of her house and projects and ideas.  I think this is going to be fun.  Our husbands are probably excited too because the more time we spend on this blog, the less time we will be out finding more stuff to bring home!

3rd grade
  2010
 (just kidding; not actual photos of  us)

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails